The Great Global Adventure game is only open to:
- players who are over eighteen (18) years of age and who are either currently studying in full-time higher education or who have graduated from full-time higher education within the last two years (up to MA, MSC or MBA level) as at 9th March 2015, including interns and apprentices of AXA Companies who comply with the above requirements as at 9th March 2015.
- AXA reserves the right to require winners to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the Game (e.g. a valid student identity card or a certificate of graduation issues within the last two years).
Important to note:
- Anyone connected or involved in the administration of this Game, as well as immediate family members of AXA employees or of anyone connected or involved in the administration of this Game are not eligible to win any prizes.
- Any player who does not comply with these entry requirements in full will be automatically disqualified from the Game and shall have no entitlement to any prize.
What is the deadline by which I need to complete the game?
You will need to complete the game by 9th March 2015 midnight GMT.
The instructions of how to play the game are provided before you start, but in case you need a reminder here you go.
- You’ll be asked a question. The answer, a city, will be the location of your next challenge. If you need help, click the hint button. If you’re finding it difficult, you can ‘Skip stage’. Important: if you choose to skip the stage, you will be unable to go back to it and you will forfeit a point. So make sure you’re 100% certain you want to skip it before you click ‘Skip stage!
- Type your answer (in English) into the ‘Search for a location’ box and select your chosen destination from the list. Then find the AXA pin (it will be near the AXA office).Click on the pin to open your next challenge.
- Follow the instructions to complete the challenge. You might not be able to complete it first time around, so keep going until you do. If you’re finding it difficult, you can ‘Skip the challenge’. Important: if you choose to skip the challenge, you will be unable to go back to it and you will forfeit a point. So make sure you’re 100% certain you want to skip it before you click ‘skip the challenge’! Remember that you can complete the game in several different sessions so take your time.
- For every completed challenge, you score one point. The last challenge (challenge 9) you will be asked to complete a mock social media status update. You will be able to earn up to 150 scored points for this challenge. Your answer will be judged by a panel.
- The points you score for challenge 9 will then be multiplied by your score for the other 8 challenges to make up your final score. You will also be able to share the game with your friends and connections to score more multiplier points. You will be notified of your final score by email.
How many challenges are there?
There are 9 challenges in all. The first 8 challenges take on a game format with the ninth requiring you to complete a mock social media status update.
Do I have to complete the game in one go or can I complete it in several sittings?
You do not have to complete the game in one sitting. You are able to complete it in as many sittings as you like, just use your login and password that you created at the start to log back in.
What happens if I skip a challenge?
If you choose to skip the challenge you will forfeit a point. But please note that you will be unable to go back to it and play again. So make sure you you’re 100% certain you want to skip it before you click ‘skip the challenge’!
What if I don’t complete all of the 9 challenges by 9th March 2015 (midnight)?
For each challenge you complete successfully, you will receive one point. If you complete one challenge prior to the deadline, you will earn one point which will count towards you gaining the final prize. We encourage you to complete all for the challenges in order to have the maximum chance of winning the once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Browsers. The game has been developed to operate on the latest three updates of the leading Internet browsers. These are:
Chrome: Versions 39, 38 and 37
Firefox: Versions 33, 32 and 31
Internet Explorer: Versions 11, 10 and 9
Safari: Versions 8, 7 and 6
Devices. The game has been designed to be played on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. You can move from one device to another but you need to logout of the game on one device before logging into the game on another.
Speed of the game. The Great Global Adventure game is a web-based game, therefore the speed of the game is dependent on your internet connection. As a result it will operate more quickly when connected to a wireless internet connection than on 3G.
Email support. If you require any further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to answer any queries within 24 hours. Please note that this email will only be open between 8.00 – 18.00 GMT, Monday to Friday, any enquiries made outside of this time will be addressed the next working day.
How will you get to my final score? For every challenge you complete, you score one point. You also have the opportunity to score an extra three points by sharing your dream trip on your own social media at the very end of the game. For challenge 9, you have the opportunity of gaining up to an additional 150 points through a judged scoring process. All entries for challenge 9 will be judged by a panel against three criteria: content, creativity and fun, and will be given a score out of 150. This score will be multiplied by the number of points gained through completing challenges and sharing. This will give you your final score.
For example: the maximum possible score will be 12 x 150 = 1800 points. That is maximum 9 points for 9 challenges, 3 additional points for social media sharing, which gives the total of 12, multiplied by maximum 150 points scored in challenge 9.
How will I know my total score? An email will be sent to all players shortly after they have completed the game with their final score.
Which region am I in? All countries in the world have been placed in four broad geographical regions - the Americas, Africa and the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Europe. For a full breakdown, please refer to Appendix 1 of our Terms and Conditions.
How will I know how my score compared to others in my region? Unfortunately you won't. We are not publishing league tables, and you will only know if you have come in the top 30 for your region after the game has closed and all entries have been scored - by the start of April 2015.
When will I know if I have been a top scorer in my region? We will contact all players who have the highest scores in each region by the start of April 2015. At that point we will provide full instructions of what you need to do to compete for the regional prize (a top of the range technology product). This will involve answering 5 pre-recorded questions through video where the objective will be to assess your communication skills and motivation to win the prize.
What if I can’t take a whole year out of my studies to take advantage of the prize? We will help the winning student or recent graduate to shape the prize around their circumstances and interests. That may mean travelling over a long summer break and then taking slightly shorter work internships and community projects during other holidays/vacations. It may even involve a supported semester studying abroad.
What if I don’t want to travel alone? We can only offer the prize to one person, but in helping the winner shape the prize, we will always take into account your circumstances and personal safety. You will have the option to travel with larger groups of like-minded people.
What do you mean by 'tailor-made to suit your circumstances and interests'? We recognise that some eligible players won't be able to take a whole year out during or after their studies to travel the world and undertake paid and voluntary work experience placements. Because of this, we will build the prize around your circumstances so that you can benefit from and experience all three elements in some form: up to 6 weeks paid work experience in tow of our global locations, up to 6 weeks' work on a global community project we support all within a year that also includes up to another 8 months of travel to countries you would particularly like to visit.
Where could I do my global work experience placements? The work experience will be in two of the locations with existing AXA Group offices. The location will be based on availability of appropriate local AXA mentors, work opportunities and other factors. See the Terms and Conditions for full details.
What do you mean by work on a global community project supported by AXA? At AXA, we take corporate responsibility very seriously, and would always want to employ people who hold the same values and beliefs as us. Since 1991, AXA Hearts in Action, the AXA Group's international volunteer program, has provided assistance and support to people suffering from exclusion. For several years now, AXA employees have also been active in protecting the environment and educating on risks. In 2013, over 32,000 employees volunteered in charity projects around the world (Source: The AXA Group at a Glance 2014).
The up to 6 week community project will be with one of the charities supported by AXA anywhere in the world and will work with you to confirm which project would suit your interests and availability (please see Article 5.3.1. of the Terms and Conditions for further details). You will continue to be financially supported while participating in this project.